G3 Conference in Atlanta, GA, January 18-20, 2018
The 2018 G3 Conference was entitled, “Knowing God – A Biblical Understanding of Discipleship.” Notice the order of the title and subtitle. Knowing God doesn’t begin with discipleship. Discipleship begins with knowing God. Or, our growth as disciples is proportional to our growth in knowing God.
The conference was very encouraging for Kathy and me. We appreciate Gethsemane giving us the opportunity to attend and miss a weekend at church. We also appreciate Dr. Rich Halcombe from Metro Columbus Baptist Association for preaching that Sunday.
I’ll organize the sessions into several groups. Note that the ordering of these groups does not reflect the order in which the sessions were presented.
- Steven Lawson: Show Me Your Glory (Exodus 33)
- Tom Ascol: The Fear of the Lord in Christian Discipleship
- Steven Lawson: High Theology Produces High Doxology (Revelation 4)
- Josh Buice: The Local Church is Ground Zero for Discipleship (Titus 2:1-8)
- Tim Challies: Discipleship in Diversity (Ephesians 2:11-22)
- David Miller: Sanctification (Romans 7:14-25)
- Voddie Baucham: The Heart of Discipleship (2 Timothy)
- Voddie Baucham: Making Disciple-Making Disciples
- Derek Thomas: Your Mind Matters (Romans 12:1-2)
- Phil Johnson: Christ’s Calls to Discipleship
I wish that we’d had these videos and this understanding of parenting when we were raising our children. I can’t recommend these messages highly enough.
- Paul Tripp: Parenting (2 Corinthians 5:14-21)
- Paul Tripp: It Takes a Disciple to Parent a Disciple (2 Corinthians 5:14-21)
- James White & Michael Kruger: A Discussion on the Canon
- James White: Unchanging? Dealing with Texts and Translations of the Bible in the Modern World
Soli Deo Gloria.