As a church in the Southern Baptist Convention, we affirm the Baptist Faith and Message of 2000.
We hold fast to the “Five Solas” of the Protestant Reformation:
1. Sola Scriptura (Scripture Alone): Our Only Foundation
The Bible is the sole and sufficient authority by which all matters of faith and practice may be settled.
2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:19-21
2. Solus Christus (Christ Alone): Our Only Mediator
Grace flows to us in Christ alone; therefore, our approach to God must be in Christ alone.
John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Colossians 1:13-18; 1 Timothy 2:5-6
3. Sola Gratia (Grace Alone): Our Only Method
Salvation is all of divine grace at every stage, from election to glorification.
Romans 3:23-24; Romans 8:28-33; Ephesians 1:3-8
4. Sola Fide (Faith Alone): Our Only Means
Justification is received by faith alone, without works of merit of any kind.
John 3:16-18; Romans 5:1-2; Ephesians 2:8-9
5. Soli Deo Gloria (To God Alone Be Glory): Our Only Ambition
God’s supreme end in planning, purchasing, and applying salvation is His own glory. Therefore, the chief end and intention of those who have received God’s saving grace in Christ is to bring glory to Him.
Romans 11:36; 1 Corinthians 10:31; 1 Peter 4:11; 2 Peter 3:18