Is your religious reality one of hypocrisy?
- Religious Identity (v.17-18)
- Religious Position (v.19-20)
- Religious Reality (v.21-22)
- Religious Consequence (v.23-24)
The reality of life for a Christian in a fallen world is that you’re going to fall short.
How do we think about that?
- First, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. (1 John 2:1)
– When you sin, get your mind off yourself and get it onto Jesus Christ.
– He’s the One who died for your sin and who is interceding for you.
– Our sin is truly a horror… but it does reveal and remind us of the glory of Jesus Christ.
- Second, take comfort that there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:1)
– Be assured that nothing can separate you from the love of God in Christ Jesus.
- Third, confess and repent. (1 John 1:9)
– Put off that old man, that old way of life; and put on your new creation.